Photographs from the Chicago Daily News, 1902-1933, presents over 55,000 images taken by photographers of the Chicago Daily News from 1902-1933. The images include slice of life images from Chicago and the surrounding community as well as images of noted politicians, sports figures and other prominent figures that visited Chicago. The special presentations include information on the operation of the paper, on the newsboys that worked on the paper and on the development of football and information on reporting done on Native Americans. The Chicago Historical Society developed this collection.
In a hurry? Save or print these Collection Connections as a single file.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Emergence of Modern America, 1890-1930
Related Collections and Exhibits
- American Landscape and Architectural Design, 1850-1920
- FSA/OWI Photographs, 1938-1944
- Touring Turn-of-the-Century America: Photographs from the Detroit Publishing Company, 1880 - 1920
- William P. Gottlieb: Photographs from the Golden Age of Jazz
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection.