Panoramic Maps, offer "bird's-eye" views of nineteenth and early twentieth century cities and towns across the nation. Each map contains a detailed look at architecture and urban planning of the period, and allows users to zoom in on particular areas.
In a hurry? Save or print these Collection Connections as a single file.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Expansion and Reform, 1801-1861
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1850-1877
- Development of the Industrial United States, 1876-1915
- Emergence of Modern America, 1890-1930
Related Collections and Exhibits
- California as I Saw It: First Person Narratives, 1849-1900
- Great Earthquake and Fire: San Francisco, 1897-1916
- Life of a City: New York, 1898-1906
- Collections with Maps
- Pioneering the Upper Midwest, ca.1820-1910
- Panoramic Photographs
- Detroit Publishing Company
Recommended additional sources of information.
There are currently no other resources for this collection
Specific guidance for searching this collection.
For help with general search strategies, go to Finding Items in American Memory.