Selections from the Naxi Manuscript Collection presents documents from the Naxi people of the Yunnan Province in southern China. The only pictographic language currently in use, Naxi is similar to Egyptian or Mayan writing styles. Included is information about Naxi culture and samples of the writings.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Classical Traditions, Major Religions, and Giant Empires, 1000 BCE-300 CE
- Expanding Zones of Exchange and Encounter, 300-1000 CE
Related Collections and Exhibits
- Map Collections 1500-2004
- Words and Deeds in American History
- Photographs from the World Transportation Commission, 1894-1896
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection
For help with general search strategies, go to Finding Items in American Memory.