The Capital and the Bay: Narratives of Washington and the Chesapeake Bay Region, 1600-1925 provides information on the history of the Chesapeake Bay and the surrounding region. The collection includes first person narratives, historical biographies and early histories.
In a hurry? Save or print these Collection Connections as a single file.
These online exhibits provide context and additional information about this collection.
These historical era(s) are best represented in the collection, although they may not be all-encompassing.
- Colonial Settlement, 1492-1763
- The American Revolution, 1763-1783
- The New Nation, 1780-1815
- Expansion and Reform, 1801-1861
- The Civil War and Reconstruction, 1850-1877
- Development of the Industrial United States, 1876-1915
Related Collections and Exhibits
These collections and exhibits contain thematically-related primary and secondary sources. Also browse the Collection Finder for more related material on the American Memory Web site.
Recommended additional sources of information.
Specific guidance for searching this collection.