PREMIS Data Dictionary for Preservation Metadata, Version 3.0
The PREMIS Data Dictionary and its supporting documentation is a comprehensive, practical resource for implementing preservation metadata in digital archiving systems. The Data Dictionary is built on a data model that defines five entities: Intellectual Entities, Objects, Events, Rights, and Agents. Each semantic unit defined in the Data Dictionary is a property of one of the entities in the data model.
- PREMIS Data Dictionary (full document), Version 3.0 [PDF, 1.88 MB] (updated November 2015)
This publication includes the PREMIS Introduction, the Data Dictionary, Special Topics, and Glossary.
- PREMIS Data Dictionary (without introductory materials), Version 3.0 [PDF, 1.22 MB] (updated November 2015)
This publication includes only the Data Dictionary.
- PREMIS Data Dictionary, Version 3.0 Errata
- Hierarchical Listing of Semantic Units: PREMIS Data Dictionary, Version 3.0
- PREMIS 3 OWL Ontology
- Environment Changes Diagrams, Version 3.0
- PREMIS - Schema 3.0
- PREMIS - Schema 3.0 -- Changes from Schema 2.0
- Webinar: Digital Preservation Metadata and Improvements to PREMIS in Version 3.0
DCMI/ASIST Joint Webinar, presented by Angela Dappert, May 27, 2015