PREMIS Implementors' Group (PIG)
The PREMIS Implementors' Group is composed of implementors of the PREMIS data dictionary. It is part of the PREMIS maintenance activity, which is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and coordinating future revisions to the PREMIS data dictionary. The Preservation Metadata: Implementation Strategies Working Group, convened by OCLC and RLG, initially developed the PREMIS data dictionary as a specification with the goal of creating an implementable set of "core" preservation metadata elements, with broad applicability within the digital preservation community. Supporting XML schemas allow for implementation of the core metadata element set and are maintained in the Network Development and MARC Standards Office of the Library of Congress.
This page is intended to support the work of the PIG.
- Wiki for sharing documents (the "pigpen")
- PIG list archive
- PREMIS Implementation Registry
- Draft PREMIS Conformance statement [PDF:105K/6 pp.]: Review and comment on the new draft PREMIS conformance statement. Please provide feedback by September 30, 2010. Responses can be sent to the PIG list or via http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/contact-premis.php
- Please post any examples to the "pigpen"
- Please share questions with the PIG discussion list