Personal Belongings in the
Science and Business Reading Room
Researchers using the Science, Technology & Business Reading Room must enter by the security guard station and show a valid Reader Identification Card.
Researchers will be allowed to bring the following items with them:
- a coat and/or sweater, sports jacket or similar garment
- a purse or pocket book smaller than 9.5 inches x 6.25 inches
- a laptop computer
- and only one additional briefcase, knapsack or similar bag no larger than 18 x 13 x 8 inches.
Researchers are not permitted to bring:
- suitcases on wheels
- expedition-size backpacks
- multiple bags
- other containers such as large plastic bags
- food or drinks (includes bottled water)
- food or drink containers
- audio devices and cellular phones and pagers in audible mode
- all of the prohibited items listed under "Personal Belongings in Research Areas" with the exception of an overcoat and umbrella.
Researchers arriving with barred items will be directed to the Jefferson or Madison cloakrooms to check them.