All readers are required to read and agree to a "READER'S REGISTRATION AND
AGREEMENT TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES FOR USE OF RARE MATERIALS IN THE LIBRARY
OF CONGRESS" form, available in the Reading Room, which states the following:
1. Personal property not essential to conduct research must be deposited
in a place provided for by the division. Currently, this would be in the
Reading Room lockers or the Cloakroom facility, located in LJ G08 .
2. Exercise the greatest possible care to prevent damage to items from
the library's collections, make no marks on them, rest no object on nor take
notes on top of Library material.
3. Use pencil when taking written notes.
4. Handle the material only at assigned places and return items to a staff
member at the Circulation Desk whenever leaving the room, and you must remain
in the reading room until a staff member has checked all returned items.
5. Observe any special handling condition indicated by the reading room
6. Submit for inspection any brief case, typewriter case, parcel, book,
notebook, or other personal property before moving it from the room.
In addition, the Library of Congress neither grants nor denies permission
to reproduce materials from its collections. When material from our collections
are reproduced in a book or other media, we ask, as a courtesy, that somewhere
in the item there be an indication that the original is in the Rare Book
and Special Collections Division, Library of Congress. If there are questions
dealing with copyright and photoduplication, please consult the reading room
If you have further questions, please contact:
Rare Book & Special Collections Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Avenue SE
Washington, D.C. 20540-4740
or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org