Reproductions of Geography & Map Division Material:
Both the Library of Congress and outside vendors sell quality
reproductions of images from the Geography & Map Division Collections.
- For reproductions of unique items from the Library's collections,
contact Duplication Services.
Be sure to include the Digital ID and Title with your request.
- To inquire about the reproduction of maps not online
(the majority of G&M's collection) please submit a request
to the Reference Staff via Ask
NOTE: Credits and Permissions
- The Library does not grant nor deny permission concerning
the use of cartographic images. While many maps fall within
domain (generally, material published before 1923), large numbers
of maps, particularly recent acquisitions, are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced
by the Library.
- Non-copyrighted cartographic materials reproduced from G&M
collections may be used without permission of the Division.
- When material reproduced from G&M collections is used in
a publication, the Division requests a credit line stating that
this material was reproduced from an original in the collections
of the Geography & Map Division, Library of Congress. If known,
the filing location of the item should accompany this citation.