Site Map Search the Catalog Kids Zone Find a Library FAQ
Sign Up Contact Us
Home > About
NLS/BPH > Technical Writings
NLS: That All May Read
Visit http://www.loc.gov/nls/digital.html for
more information on digital talking books. Below are links to technical writings
of NLS staff members.
- "Digital Talking Books: Developing a User Interface" by John Cookson
and Lloyd Rasmussen, presented at Technology and Persons with Disabilities
sponsored by the Center on Disabilities, California State University, Northridge;
- "Digital Talking Book Standards Developed by NLS and Partners Under
NISO Auspices" by John Cookson, Michael Moodie, and Lloyd Rasmussen in
Information Technology and Disabilities, volume 7, number 1,
- Flash Memory Distribution of Digital Talking
Books by Neil Bernstein, information technology specialist,
NLS Engineering Section; published February 2005.
- "National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped:
Digital Plans and Progress" by John Cookson and Lloyd Rasmussen in Information
Technology and Disabilities, volume 7, number 1, August 2000
- Report on DTB distribution options
- Report on Future Availability of Cassette Tape Components
Occasionally, NLS publishes information on topics related to library materials produced for blind and physically handicapped readers. When a new circular is published, an electronic copy will be posted and we will include a link to the circular on the Technical Circulars index page.