The technical guidelines for all awards describe the specific technical requirements for inclusion of digital content in Chronicling America. All specifications must be met for awardees content to be accepted; all data will be verified and reviewed by the Library of Congress.
NDNP supports a consistent technical specification for digital newspaper reproductions and associated metadata in order to maintain parity of services for materials from a variety of institutions and collections and to support the “best practices” of today’s understanding of digital preservation needs.
Profiles and Schemas currently in use
- Image File Format Profiles
- OCR File Format Profile
- Metadata Dictionary 2011 (PDF, 95KB)
- XML Templates and Schemas
- Sample Project Description (how to make use of these Specifications) (PDF, 36KB)
- Examples of NDNP Digital Assets
Last Updated: 11/17/2014