To link to this article, copy this persistent link:
(Nov 02, 2007) In an interview on Palestinian television, Mahmoud Abbas, President of the Palestinian Authority, announced that he wants to establish an independent Palestinian state on 6,205 square kilometers (about 2,400 square miles), corresponding to about 98 % of the Palestinian territories occupied by Israel in 1976. As to the remaining 2%, he indicated his willingness to exchange it for equal land area "within the green line," meaning Israeli land. (Abbas Specifies the Area of the State, ASHARQ ALAWSAT, Oct. 11, 2007.)
|Author:||Issam Saliba More by this author|
|Topic:||International affairs More on this topic|
|Jurisdiction:||Palestine More about this jurisdiction|
Search Legal News
Find legal news by topic, country, keyword, date, or author.
Global Legal Monitor RSS
Get the Global Legal Monitor delivered to your inbox. Sign up for RSS service.
The Global Legal Monitor is an online publication from the Law Library of Congress covering legal news and developments worldwide. It is updated frequently and draws on information from the Global Legal Information Network, official national legal publications, and reliable press sources. You can find previous news by searching the GLM.
Last updated: 11/02/2007