A special report of the CNN News with breaking news and background stories on the trial.
- Saddam Hussein on Trial. http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2005/saddam.trial/ (external link).
Jurist Legal News & Research
Jurist is a legal research website supported and founded by a team of law students (external link) and law professors at the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This site includes several authoritative sources on the trial of Saddam Hussein.
- Saddam Hussein Trial. http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/currentawareness/saddamtrial.php (external link)
Iraqi Special Tribunal
This English translation of the statutes provided by this site is unofficial.
- Iraqi Special Tribunal. http://web.archive.org/web/20060528210618/http://www.iraqispecialtribunal.org/ (external link).
United States Department of State
This site includes specific examples of violations of United Nations Security Council resolutions by Saddam Hussein.
- A Decade of Deception and Defiance. http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/archive/iraq/decade.htm (external link)
- Background Note: Iraq. http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/6804.htm.
American Society of International Law
Nonprofit, nonpartisan educational membership organization whose stated mission is to foster the study of international law.
- Orentlicher, Diane F. Venues for Prosecuting Saddam Hussein : The Legal Framework. Insights, December 2003. http://www.asil.org/insights/insigh124.htm (external link)
- Sadat, Leila Nadya. New Developments Regarding the Prosecution of Saddam Hussein by the Iraqi Special Tribunal. Insights, August 5, 2005. http://www.asil.org/insights/2005/08/insights050805.html (external link)
Amnesty International is a “worldwide movement of people who campaign for internationally recognized human rights.” This web page discusses the provisions of the Tribunal Statue and the Rules in terms of their fair trial guarantees.
- Iraq: Iraqi Special Tribunal. Iraqi Special Tribunal (external link).
Case School of Law Grotian Moment
The Case Western Reserve University School of Law site includes detailed information on the trial of Saddam Hussein.
- Experts Debate the Issues/ Public Commentary. Dec. 14, 2005. http://www.law.case.edu/saddamtrial/index.asp (external link).
- The Unofficial English Translation of the IST Statute. Http://www.law.case.edu/saddamtrial/documents/IST_statute_official_english.pdf (external link) (PDF).
Cornell International Law Journal Spring Synposium 2005, Milosevic & Hussein on Trial, Ithaca, New York, Feb. 25-26, 2005.
Ruth Wegewood, Burling Professor of International Law & Diplomacy at School of Advanced Studies John Hopkins University, Address to Cornell International Law Journal Symposium
- Cornell International Law Journal is proud to announce its Spring Symposium 2005: http://web.archive.org/web/20060908131209/http://organizations.lawschool.cornell.edu/ilj/milosevic_hussein.htm (external link)
Global Policy Forum
Global Policy Forum describes its mission as “to monitor policy making at the United Nations, promote accountability of global decisions, educate and mobilize for global citizen participation, and advocate on vital issues of international peace and justice.” This web page includes “discussions about the status of Saddam Hussein and other top officials in his regime, their future trials and implications for international justice and criminal law.”
Human Rights Watch
Human Rights Watch is “dedicated to protecting the human rights of people around the world.” This web page has a series of articles on aspects of the trial, in reverse chronological order.
- International Justice in Iraq. http://hrw.org/doc/?t=justice&c=iraq (external link).
Last Updated: 07/03/2007