- United States Code (U.S. House of Representatives, Office of the Law Revision Counsel) offers introductory material to the Code, a search feature, and the option to browse the current and previous editions (1995 to present).
- United States Code (external link) (HeinOnline) 1925-1988 (includes content up to 1993)
- In Custodia Legis: The United States Code Online – Downloadable XML Files and More (Law Library of Congress) explaining the new features of the U.S. House Office of the Law Revision Counsel site.
- United States Code (U.S. Government Printing Office, FDsys) provides a search engine for searching editions of the code from 1994 to present
- United States Code (external link) (Cornell Legal Information Institute) provides an updated interface to the U.S. Code, with links to notes and legislative activity through THOMAS, various search options, and a popular name table (external link)
Statutes at Large
- United States Statutes at Large (Law Library / National Digital Library Program)
v. 1-18 (1789-1875)
- United States Statutes at Large (U.S. Government Printing Office / FDsys) v. 65-125 (1951-2011) authenticated PDF copies
- United States Public Laws (U.S. Government Printing Office, FDsys) provides access to authenticated United States Public laws enacted since the 104th Congress, 1st Session (January 1995).
- Congress.gov: Browse U.S. Legislation: Laws (Library of Congress)
- Access to Public Laws (U.S. National Archives and Records Administration) includes lists of Public Laws from current and previous Congressional sessions.
- United States Statutes and the United States Code: Historical Outlines, Notes, Lists, Tables, and Sources (external link) (Law Librarians' Society of Washington, D.C.)
- For the process of creating U.S. federal laws, see GUIDE TO LAW ONLINE: U.S. Legislature - U.S. Congress and the Federal Legislative Process
- For federal regulations and Code of Federal Regulations, see GUIDE TO LAW ONLINE: U.S. Executive Agencies and Regulations
Last Updated: 09/19/2014