Maps Americae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio /
Articles and Essays with this item:
Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
Early Works to 1800
- Americae sive qvartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio /
- Other Title
- Americae sive quartae orbis partis nova et exactissima descriptio
- Contributor Names
- Gutiérrez, Diego, active 1554-1569.
- Cock, Hieronymus, approximately 1510-1570.
- Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [Antwerp : s.n.], 1562.
- Subject Headings
- - Western Hemisphere--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - America--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Western Hemisphere
- - America
- - Covers North and South America with the adjacent seas.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - From the Rosenwald Collection, Library of Congress, no. 1303.
- - Originally printed on 6 sheets.
- - Described in Quarterly Journal of the Library of Congress, v. 6, no. 3 (May 1949), p. 18-20.
- - Includes texts in cartouche, statements of dedication, coats-of-arms, ill. of allegorical figure "Victoria", and ill. of sailing ships at sea and imaginary marine creatures.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC sheet trimmed.
- - Vault
- 1 map ; 83 x 86 cm., on sheet 100 x 102 cm.
- Call Number
- G3290 1562 .G7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3290 ct000342 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3290.ct000342
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.