Maps Plan de Rhodes-Island, et position de l'armée françoise a Newport.
Rhode Island (Island)
Rhode Island (R.I. : Island)
- Plan de Rhodes-Island, et position de l'armée françoise a Newport.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Newport (R.I.)--History--Revolution, 1775-1783
- - Rhode Island (R.I. : Island)--Defenses
- - United States--Rhode Island--Newport
- - United States--Rhode Island--Rhode Island (Island)
- - Scale ca. 1:26,000.
- - Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Has watermarks.
- - Relief shown by shading.
- - Shows fortifications, fields of fire, and position of French naval vessels.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Includes index to defenses.
- - Note on manuscript label originally mounted on verso: A joindrê à lettre de M. de Rochambeau au Prince de Montbarey datée 19 juillet 1780.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1017
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- col. map 53 x 113 cm.
- Call Number
- G3774.N4S3 1780 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3774n ar101700 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3774n.ar101700
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Rochambeau Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citing Primary Souces on the Teachers Page.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
There are also reproductions of cartographic materials available from Zazzle.com. Please see the the Geography and Maps Division's Reproductions page for a list of reproduction options.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.