Maps Mitchell's new traveller's guide through the United States, showing the rail roads, canals, stage roads &c. with distances from place to place.
Drake, Ira S.
- Mitchell's new traveller's guide through the United States, showing the rail roads, canals, stage roads &c. with distances from place to place.
- Contributor Names
- Drake, Ira S.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia, Thomas, Cowperthwait & Co., 1853, c1848.
- Subject Headings
- - United States
- - Railroads--United States
- - Scale ca. 1:3,700,000.
- - Shows railroads in operation, in progress of construction, and proposed.
- - LC Railroad maps, 23
- - General map of the eastern half of the United States, framed in decorative borders, indicating drainage, state boundaries, major cities and towns, roads, railroads, canals, and distances. [From published bibliography]
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Insets: Map of the copper mine region.--Vicinity of Niagara Falls.--Map of the maritime and overland routes to California.--Map of the gold and quicksilver district of California.--Map of New England or eastern states.
- col. map 55 x 73 cm.
- Call Number
- G3700 1853 .D7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3700 rr000230 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3700.rr000230
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Railroad Maps, 1828 to 1900
Transportation and Communication Cartographic Items
Geography and Map Division