The West Indies, including part of Virginia, North Carolina, East Florida, South Carolina, West Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and the Gulf of Mexico, with part of the coast of South America: From the Bay of Honduras, to the mouth of the River Oronoko. From the latest and best authorities and actual observations.
- The West Indies, including part of Virginia, North Carolina, East Florida, South Carolina, West Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and the Gulf of Mexico, with part of the coast of South America: From the Bay of Honduras, to the mouth of the River Oronoko. From the latest and best authorities and actual observations.
- Contributor Names
- Cary, John, approximately 1754-1835.
- Created Published
- London, 1783.
- Subject Headings
- - Caribbean Area
- - West Indies
- - Southern States
- - Caribbean Area.
- - West Indies.
- - Southern States.
- - Scale ca. 1:6,000,000.
- - Hand colored.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - LC Maps of North America, 1750-1789, 1713
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- Col. Map 57 X 71 Cm.
- Call Number
- G4390 1783 .C3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g4390 ar171300 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4390.ar171300
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.