Maps Scott's map of Lancaster County, state of Pennsylvania : from actual measurements /
- Scott's map of Lancaster County, state of Pennsylvania : from actual measurements /
- Contributor Names
- Scott, Joshua.
- Scott, James D.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : James D. Scott, 1858.
- Subject Headings
- - Lancaster County (Pa.)--Maps
- - Landowners--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County--Maps
- - Real property--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County--Maps
- - Manheim (Pa.)--Maps
- - Neffsville (Pa.)--Maps
- - Lititz (Pa.)--Maps
- - Mount Joy (Lancaster County, Pa.)--Maps
- - Strasburg (Pa.)--Maps
- - Bainbridge (Pa.)--Maps
- - Christiana (Pa.)--Maps
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lancaster County
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Manheim
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Neffsville
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Lititz
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Mount Joy (Lancaster County)
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Strasburg
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Bainbridge
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Christiana
- - General-content county map showing buildings in rural areas and householders' names in rural areas/some insets; shows property lines in some insets.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1858 by James D. Scott in ...Dist. Court of the East. Dist. of Penn."
- - Hand col. to emphasize township, borough, and city territories.
- - Originally printed on 4 sheets (before sectioning).
- - LC copies imperfect: Variously annotated in red/blue/black inks, shellacked, sectioned to 6 mounted sheets, some sheets hemmed in cloth at outer edges.
- - LC Land ownership maps, 763
- - Includes directories of advertisers, table of post-office data, and ill. of buildings.
- - Street-map insets: The Borough of Manheim -- Neffsville -- Litiz [sic] and Warwick -- New Haven [now part of Lititz] -- Borough of Mount Joy.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - 3 copies
- 1 map on 6 sheets : hand col., paperboard backing ; 115 x 133 cm., sheets 63 x 47 cm.
- Call Number
- G3823.L3 1858 .S3
- G3823.L3 1858 .S3 Copy 2 Not annotated, printed on original 4 sheets, mounted on cloth backing, also has insets of Strasburg/Bainbridge.
- G3823.L3 1858 .S3 Copy 3 On 6 sheets, mounted on cloth backing, also has insets of Strasburg/Bainbridge/Christiana, some sheets torn/taped.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.