Maps Map of the Red River in Louisiana from the Spanish camp where the exploring party of the U.S. was met by the Spanish troops to where it enters the Mississippi, reduced from the protracted courses and corrected to the latitude /
Articles and Essays with this item:
King, N. (Nicholas)
Red River (Tex.-La.)
- Map of the Red River in Louisiana from the Spanish camp where the exploring party of the U.S. was met by the Spanish troops to where it enters the Mississippi, reduced from the protracted courses and corrected to the latitude /
- Contributor Names
- King, N. (Nicholas), 1771-1812.
- Shallus, Francis.
- Created / Published
- Philadelphia : Engrav'd by F. Shallus, 1806.
- Subject Headings
- - Red River (Tex.-La.)--Maps
- - United States--Texas--Red River
- - United States--Louisiana--Red River
- - Also shows cities and towns, Indian settlements, and features in the region along the Red River.
- - King's final work based on the Freeman-Curtis expedition of 1806.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper left.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy annotated in pencil in lower right corner
- - Copy imperfect: Taped on upper left portion and fold line completely torn to separate right portion of map.
- 1 map ; 21 x 71 cm.
- Call Number
- G3992.R4 1806 .K5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- g3992r ct000689 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g3992r.ct000689
- Library of Congress Catalog Number
- Other Formats
- - MARCXML Record
- - MODS Record
- - Dublin Core Record
- Catalog Record
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase
Discovery and Exploration
Geography and Map Division