Staff for the Exhibition
- Walter Zvonchenko, Curator, Music Division.
- Irene Chambers, Interpretive Programs Officer.
Interpretive Programs Office:
- Martha Hopkins, Exhibition Director.
- Deborah Durbeck, Production Officer.
- Tambra Johnson, Registrar; Margaret Brown and Pamela Steele, Assistant Registrars.
- Giulia Adelfio, Denise Agee, Kimberli Curry, Johnnie Davis, David Hayward, Seth de Matties, Betsy Nahum-Miller, Susan Mordan, Carroll Johnson, Christopher O'Connor, Cheryl Regan, Angela Rhodes.
Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division
- Mike Mashon, Film Research.
Special thanks are due to the following members of the Library of Congress staff for their assistance with the exhibition: Rikki Condon, Holly Krueger, Sonja Reid, Kaare Chafee, Ann Seibert, Elmer Eusman, and Maria Nugent, Conservation Office; Domenic Sergi, Ronnie Hawkins, Lisa Cope, and Jade Curtis, Information Technology Services; Stanley Bandong, Graphics Unit; Alice Birney and Marvin Kranz, Manuscript Division; Allan McConnell, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division; Jon Newsom, Jan Lauridsen, and Raymond White, Music Division; Charlotte Mathis, Office of Contracts and Logistics; Onetta Benoit and John Richardson, Printing Management Section; Sarah Duke and Elena Millie, Prints and Photographs Division; Jill Brett, Helen Dalrymple, and John Sayers, Public Affairs Office; and Kim Moden and Elsa Keshishian, Special Events Office; Julie Mangin and Elizabeth Miller, Network Development and MARC Standards Office.
The Library wishes to express its gratitude to the following individuals and organizations that kindly lent items to this exhibition or otherwise assisted with its development: Michael Kaiser, Mark Buenaflor, Jonathan Cass, Tiki Davies, Kathleen Kelly, Richard Kidwell, Ann Stock, Roman Terleckyj, Elizabeth Thomas, and Max Woodward, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts; John Glieber, Nicholas van Hoogstraten; Stephen Kroll; Penelope Niven; Ana Steele; the Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research, Wisconsin Historical Center Archives; and Bobbi Valentine, Zia Film Distribution LLC.
This exhibition and the accompanying catalog were made possible by a generous gift from Mrs. Roger L. Stevens and Mrs. Hugh Gough, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Stevens.
- Senator Edward Kennedy and Rachel Graham from The Kennedy Center Honors, 1988. Kennedy Center Television Productions, Inc., 1988. Courtesy of The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts.
- West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein, Arthur Laurents, and Steven Sondheim from The Ed Sullivan Show, September 14, 1958. Courtesy of Andrew Solt Productions.
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams, with Jessica Lange and Tommy Lee Jones, from Showtime/American Playhouse, 1984. Courtesy of Zia Film Distribution LLC.
- Bus Stop by William Inge, with Margot Kidder and Tim Matheson, from HBO, 1982. Footage from Bus Stop courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox Television. All rights reserved.
- Mass by Leonard Bernstein from Kennedy Center Tonight, PBS, 1981. Courtesy of WQED, Pittsburgh.
Sam Serafy, Film Editing; Interface Media Group, Production
Exhibition Design by RiggsWard, LC