Margaret Mead: Human Nature and the Power of Culture
Transcript: "Characteristics at 6 Years"
- wishes to be helpful
- Fond of Richard but selfish to him (when he went up
for operation and did not come back, wept and was inconsolable)
- continually asking questions. What is that? What does
that word mean?
- always busy at something
- very bright + original
- expresses herself very well
- tantrums consist of much impertinent talking or (when
Mother waving hands) stamping feet, etc.
- great determination + perseverance when wants anything
- not orderly but willing to pick up
- Fond of out door life
- Social - anxious for companionship, but plays well
- Some sense of humor
- Soon repentant
- Likes to get best of people.
- Makes rhymes
"It will dry up but I don't care
Have to do it before I swear."
Speculated at [?] Only a [joke?]
- Remembers friends [examples illegible]
- Great interest in facts - [animals?], digestion.
How are people made?
- Loved Katharine
Says Richard does not understand
Inclined to accept things
- Does not like to be blamed or scolded.
Back to Top