Mapping a New Nation: Abel Buell's Map of the United States
is made possible by the generous support of
David M. Rubenstein.
Mr. Rubenstein has placed the map at the Library of Congress
so it can be publicly displayed and, by digital technology,
made available for research purposes.
This exhibition was developed under the leadership of James H. Billington, the Librarian of Congress.
- William Jacobs, Chief, Interpretive Programs Office
- Kimberli Curry, Lead Exhibition Director, Interpretive Programs Office
- Edward Redmond, Curator, Geography and Map Division
- Vicki Fortuno, Digital Projects Coordinator, Interpretive Programs Office
- Julie Miller, Historian, Manuscript Division
- Fenella France, Chief, Preservation, Research and Testing Division
- Betsy Nahum-Miller, Exhibition Director, Interpretive Programs Office
- Elmer Eusman, Chief, Conservation Division
- Karen Werth, Production Officer, Interpretive Programs Office
- Patrick Shepler, Registrar, Interpretive Programs Office
- Michael Shveima, Exhibition and brochure designer
- Bart Marable, Interactive designer, Terra Incognita
Interpretive Programs Office
Denise Agee, Martha Hopkins, Carroll Johnson-Welsh, Tambra Johnson, David Jung, Susan Mordan-White, Christopher O’Connor, Cheryl Regan, Marc Roman, Rachel Waldron, and Cynthia Wayne
Other Library of Congress Staff
Roberta I. Shaffer, Library Services; Ralph Ehrenberg and Diane Schug-O’Neill, Geography and Map Division; Julie Miller, Janice Ruth, Michael Spangler, and Timothy Stutz, Manuscript Division; Maria Nugent, Claire Dekle, Kaare Chaffee, and Yasmeen Khan, Conservation Division; Meghan Wilson, Matt Kullman, Cindy Connelly Ryan, and Lynn Brostoff, Preservation, Research, and Testing Division; Dominc Sergi and Christopher Pohlhaus, Digital Scan Center; Sue Siegel, Development Office; Donna Urshel and Gail Osterberg, Public Affairs Office; Dorothy Gholston, Printing Management Section; Stanley Bandong, Graphic Arts Service Unit; Jim Karamanis and Thipphavanh Padavong, Office of Strategic Initiatives