Brown v. Board at Fifty: “With an Even Hand”
Read More About It
- Bell, Derrick A. Silent Covenants: Brown v. Board of Education
and the Unfulfilled Hopes for Racial Reform. New York: Oxford
University Press, 2004.
- Cashin, Sheryll. The Failures of Integration: How Race and
Class are Undermining the American Dream. New York: Public
- Cottrol, Robert J, Raymond T. Diamond, and Leland B. Ware. Brown
v. Board of Education: Caste, Culture, and the Constitution.
Lawrence, Kansas: University Press of Kansas, 2003.
- Franklin, John Hope and Alfred A. Moss, Jr. From Slavery to
Freedom: A History of African Americans. 8th ed. Boston:
- Kluger, Richard. Simple Justice: The History of Brown v. Board
of Education and Black America's Struggle for Equality.
Rev. and expanded ed. New York: Knopf, 2004.
- Martin, Waldo E., ed. Brown v. Board of Education: A Brief
History with Documents. (The Bedford Series in History
and Culture). Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's, 1998.
- McNeil, Genna Rae. Groundwork: Charles Hamilton Houston and
the Struggle for Civil Rights. Philadelphia: University
of Pennsylvania Press, 1983.
- Williams, Juan. My Soul Looks Back in Wonder: Voices of the
Civil Rights Experience. New York: Sterling Publishing,
For Younger Readers:
- Adler, David A. A Picture Book of Thurgood Marshall.
Illustrated by Robert Casilla. New York: Holiday House, 1997.
- Dudley, Mark E. Brown v. Board of Education (1954): School
Desegregation. New York: Twenty-First Century Books, 1994.
- Haskins, James. Thurgood Marshall: A Life for Justice.
New York: H. Holt, 1992.
- Miller, Jake. Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka: Challenging
School Segregation in the Supreme Court. New York: PowerKids
- Tackach, James. Brown v. Board of Education. San Diego,
California: Lucent Books, 1998.
- Tushnet, Mark V. Brown v. Board of Education: The Battle for
Integration. New York: Franklin Watts, 1995.