Related Library of Congress Exhibitions
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: 50 Years Cultural Ambassador to the World
- Politics and the Dancing Body
- Serge Diaghilev and His World: A Centennial Celebration of Diaghilev’s Ballets Russes,
Library of Congress Resources
American Ballet Theatre Collection
The finding aid for the American Ballet Theatre Collection is available in the Performing Arts Reading Room, Library of Congress.
The finding aids for these collections are also available in the Performing Arts Reading Room, Library of Congress:
- Ida Rubinstein Collection
- Judith Chazin-Bennahum Collection
- Larry Colwell Collection
- Oliver Smith Collection
Other Related Ballet Resources at the Library of Congress
- Adolph Bolm Collection
- Leonard Bernstein Collection
- Peggy Clark Collection
- Alexandra Danilova Collection
- Morton Gould Collection
- Serge Grigoriev/Ballets Russes Archive
- Celia Ipiotis and Jeff Bush Eye on Dance/Eye on the Arts Collection
- Alan M. and Sali Ann Kriegsmann Collection
- Huston Maples Bolshoi Theater, Opera, and Dance Materials
- Bronislava Nijinska Collection
- George Zortich Archive of Photographs
Read More About It
- American Ballet Theatre and Nancy Ellison. The Ballet Book: Learning and Appreciating the Secrets of Dance. New York: Universe, 2003.
- Chazin-Bennahaum, Judith. The Ballets of Antony Tudor: Studies in Psyche and Satire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1994.
- De Mille, Agnes. Dance to the Piper. New York: Little, Brown, 1952.
- Ewing, Alex C. Bravura! Lucia Chase and the American Ballet Theatre. Gainesville: University Press of Florida, 2009.
- Greskovic, Robert. Ballet 101: The Complete Guide to Learning and Loving the Ballet. New York: Hyperion, 1998.
- Hering, Doris. "American Ballet Theatre.” In International Encyclopedia of Dance, edited by Selma Jeanne Cohen. Oxford University Press, 1998.
- Homans, Jennifer. Apollo’s Angels: A History of Ballet. New York: Random House, 2010.
- Payne, Charles. American Ballet Theatre. New York: Knopf, 1978.
- Topaz, Muriel. Undimmed Lustre: The Life of Antony Tudor. Landham, Maryland: Scarecrow, 2002.
Other Online Resources
American Ballet Theatre
http://www.abt.org/ (external link)