This exhibition was developed under the leadership of James H. Billington, Librarian of Congress.
Staff for the Exhibition
- William Jacobs, Chief, Interpretive Programs Office
- Cynthia Wayne, Exhibition Director, Interpretive Programs Office
- Victoria Phillips, Columbia University, Joanna Dee Das, Stanford University, and Elizabeth Aldrich, Independent Dance Scholar, Exhibition Curators
- Loras Schissel, Music Division
- Karen Werth, Production Officer, Interpretive Programs Office
- Rachel Waldron, Registrar, Interpretive Programs Office
Interpretive Programs Office Staff
Denise Agee, Kimberli Curry, Seth de Matties, Vicki Fortuno, Martha Hopkins, Carroll Johnson-Welsh, Tambra Johnson Reap, David Jung, Susan Mordan-White, Betsy Nahum-Miller, Christopher O’Connor, Cheryl Regan, Mark Roman, Patrick Shepler, and Chieh Lin, Intern
Special thanks are due to the following members of the Library of Congress staff for their assistance with this exhibition:
Roberta Shaffer, Library Services; Jeremy Adamson, Collections and Services; Susan Vita, Kevin LaVine, Amanda Smith, and Raymond A. White, Music Division; Kaare Chaffee, Dana Hemmenway, Lisa Moberg, and Julie McInnis, Conservation Division; Mary Wheeler, Printing Management Section; Stanley Bandong, Graphic Arts Services Unit; Jim Karamanis, Thip Padavong, Rohit Gupta, Laura Moiseev, Chun Yi, and Qun Lai, Web Services; Domenic Sergi, Andrew Cook, and Jade Curtis, ITS Digital Scan Center; Donna Urschel, Public Affairs Office
The Library wishes to express gratitude to the following individuals for their assistance and expertise:
Rachel Moore, Kelly Ryan, and David Lansky, American Ballet Theatre; Bonnie Lafave, Katie O’Rourke, and Ric Burns, Steeplechase Films; and Judith Chazin-Bennahum.
The accompanying film was produced for the exhibition by Ric Burns and Steeplechase Films.
Exhibition and Brochure Design
Michael Shveima Associates