World War I: American Artists View the Great War
Library of Congress Online Resources and Collections
Read More About It
- Capozzola, Christopher. Uncle Sam Wants You: World War I and the Making of the Modern American Citizen. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008.
- Creel, George. How We Advertised America; The First Telling of the Amazing Story of the Committee on Public Information that Carried the Gospel of Americanism to Every Corner of the Globe. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1920.
- Eby, Kerr. War. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1936.
- Gallatin, A. E. Art and the Great War. New York: E. P. Dutton & Company, 1919
- Lane, Allison Hays, ed. The Winds and Words of War: World War I Posters and Prints from the San Antonio Public Library Collection. San Antonio, Texas: San Antonio Public Library, 2008.
- Phillips, Duncan. “Art and the War,” published in The American Magazine of Art,volume 9, no. 8, June, 1918. pp. 303-309.