Sponsors: Use these resources to plan your workshop.
Prospective attendees: Check the schedules of training providers in your region.
Important Notice: CLW policy requires sponsors to communicate the relationship between CLW/CCT workshops and PCC NACO training when promoting events.
Relationship between CLW/CCT courses and PCC NACO [PDF: 31 KB / 1 p.]
Guidelines for Workshop Organizers Word : 26 KB (June 2014)
Instructional Methodologies [PDF: 158 KB / 10 p.]
Three to six months before the workshop
- Decide the dates and location of the workshop.
- Allow the maximum recommended time for each workshop.
- Set a budget and workshop fees, with affordability as a goal.
- Send an email notification to [email protected] providing the following information:
Workshop title | Date | Location | Trainer(s) | Max no. of participants |
Contact/Registration information: Name, Email, Telephone number
- Advertise the workshop.
Talk with Instructors
- Contact instructors on course page to discuss availability.
- Select two or more instructors for workshops longer than one day.
- Discuss any special focus or customization of the sessions.
- Set parameters for class size with instructors.
- Invite instructor(s) to test equipment and practice on site1-3 days in advance, if possible
- Arrange instructors' travel and lodging, if appropriate.
- Offer honoraria to instructors (as recommended by CLW, with amount determined by sponsor).
Assign responsibilities in the hosting institution
- Promoting the workshop
- Receiving registrations and payments
- Answering questions (logistical and content)
- Maintaining registrants list
- Arranging trainee site access, entrance, and sign-in
Six weeks before the workshop
Prepare course materials
- Download the current version of PDF trainee course files
- Confirm matching versions of Instructor’s manual PDF and PPT slides
- Send order to copy services with details about numbers, binders, section dividers, paper type, etc.
Plan for equipment and services
- Computer with appropriate Windows, PowerPoint versions
- Internet access
- Projector (Infocus LitePro 580 with extra bulb)
- Backup projector or overhead transparency projector; extra bulb
- Projection cart or table; extension cord
- Laser or other type of pointer
- Flip chart and markers
- Microphone and speaker system, as needed
- Online or print documentation such as AACR2, etc
- Local automation support during session
Anticipate classroom and registration needs
- Registration/sign in table and lists
- Refreshments table or area, water always available in room
- Coat rack or closet
- Instructor seating in front of room
- Tables seating 2-4 to allow collaboration on exercises (computer labs not recommended for this training event)
- Lighting control for PPT presentation and trainee note-taking
- Table for handouts, equipment, etc. as needed
- Supplies, e.g., scissors, masking tape, etc.
- Name tags, badges, or table signs, markers
Manage registration duties
- Receive and acknowledge registrations and payments/billing documents.
- Confirm registrations.
- Maintain current registration list to answer inquiries
- Send Needs Assessment form to participants 4-6 weeks in advance
- Collect responses and send to instructors 3-4 weeks in advance
One Week Before the Workshop
- Confirm all equipment and classroom arrangements
- Post directional signs in building entrance, hallways, classroom door
- Assemble trainee manuals with tab dividers and daily workshop agendas.
- Enable instructors to visit classroom and test equipment before attendees arrive
- Prepare final registrants list as a sign in sheet (one per day).
- Furnish name badges, table tents, markers for names.
During the Workshop
- Provide logistical support for the session.
- Oversee trainee sign-in, workbook and tools distribution, name badges, etc.
- Assist instructors in setting up for their presentations.
- Provide refreshments during sign-in, breaks, etc.
- Handle special requests, e.g., last minute photocopying.
- Other support as needed.
- Have trainees complete the evaluation form.
- Provide trainees a certificate of completion.
After the Workshop
- Request a Certificate of Appreciation by completing the PCC Instructor Report Form. Fill out the form to report each separate PCC training event you have conducted during the current fiscal year (e.g., October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014). Your completion of the form will assist the PCC Secretariat to capture PCC training statistics accurately. Note: please do not use the report form for training conducted within your institution.
- Summarize the evaluations
- Send copies to each instructor
- Send copies to:
Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., SE
Washington, DC 20540 USA
Email: [email protected]
- Send honoraria for instructors, as determined in advance
|Last Update: September 12, 2014|