Thank you for being an instructor and teaching a course on behalf of the PCC. You may request Certificate of Appreciation by completing the PCC Instructor Report Form.
Please fill out the form to report each separate PCC training event you have conducted during the current fiscal year (e.g., October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014). Your completion of the form will assist the PCC Secretariat to capture PCC training statistics accurately.
Note: please do not use the report form for training conducted within your institution.
Please address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “Training Certificate” in the subject line.
BIBCO Program RDA Training
- BIBCO RDA Bridge training consists of the Library of Congress RDA Training Materials taken at the participants own pace, followed by participation in four live webinars. The webinars, based on Modules 1-4 of the LC RDA Training, are recorded for future reference. Participants submit questions from the training in advance of the webinars, and the answers are presented during the webinar.
- Recorded RDA BIBCO Bridge training webinars and documents with each webinar's questions and answers are accessible on the iCohere online collaborative learning website.
- Please contact the BIBCO Program Coordinator for more information on RDA BIBCO training.
CONSER Program RDA Training
The SCCTP Basic Serials Cataloging Workshop was revised for RDA in September 2014. The materials cover basic serials cataloging based on RDA, the CONSER Standard Record, and other guidelines of the PCC.
CONSER RDA Bridge training materials consisting of Power Point slides and exercises are available from the CONSER SCCTP website. CONSER RDA Bridge training materials are aimed at experienced AACR2 catalogers making the transition to RDA.
Please contact the CONSER Program Coordinator for more information on RDA CONSER training.
NACO Program RDA Training
- NACO Training for new NACO Program members and for existing NACO members doing local refresher training or training for new catalogers.
- NACO Series Training for NACO Program members who are already contributing name authority records and who wish to begin contributing series authority records.
- Formación RDA para participantes de NACO for new NACO Program members and for existing NACO members doing local refresher training or training for new catalogers.
- RDA NACO "Bridge" Reviewers Online Workshop: Interested in RDA NACO review? This one-hour workshop, organized and presented by the PCC Standing Committee on Training, gives guidance and some best practices for RDA NACO review. Recorded July 25, 2012.
- Please contact the Cooperative Programs Section for more information on RDA NACO training and NACO membership.
PCC RDA Interim Policies and Best Practices -- Link to the PCC Web Site
Library of Congress RDA Training
- Descriptive Cataloging Using RDA: a 9-module curriculum for novice and beginning catalogers with little education or experience in cataloging
- RDA Refreshers September 2015
- Library of Congress RDA Classroom Training Plan (September 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA Online Training Plan (September 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA Training Plan: Presentation at ALA Annual, 2012 (June 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA training materials used for internal training beginning in June 2012.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Training Manual [Word : 6,436 KB] Used for internal training beginning in May 2013.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Instructor Manual [Word : 6,458 KB] Used for internal training beginning in May 2013.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Exercise Answers [Word : 6,325 KB]
RDA Record Examples
- The RDA Records Task Group, under the auspices of the PCC Standing Committee on Training, collected a wealth of RDA bibliographic and authority records to be used for training and educational purposes. The task group was formed in October 2011 and completed its work on March 1, 2012. The record examples are categorized by format and/or language.
RDA Training Materials
- The RDA Training Materials Task Group, under the auspices of the PCC Standing Committee on Training, submitted its final report on May 31, 2012. The result of the task group's work is a wealth of RDA training materials in six broad categories:
- General Documentation
- Theoretical Foundations, including FRBR and FRAD
- RDA Toolkit
- General Cataloging
- Special Formats
- RDA and Authority Records
- The materials are collected with PCC usage in mind. However, some of the materials may reflect PCC policies that were in place at the time the materials were created, but that may have changed since that time. Please note the date of creation that has been included with each of the resources.
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts This webcast explores the changes from AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed.) that the new code RDA: Resource Description & Access brings.
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview
- Cataloging Principles and RDA: Resource Description and Access
- FRBR : Things You Should Know, But Were Afraid To Ask
|Last Update: January 20, 2016|