BIBCO Program RDA Training
- BIBCO RDA Bridge training consists of the Library of Congress RDA Training Materials taken at the participants own pace, followed by participation in four live webinars. The webinars, based on Modules 1-4 of the LC RDA Training, are recorded for future reference. Participants submit questions from the training in advance of the webinars, and the answers are presented during the webinar.
- Recorded RDA BIBCO Bridge training webinars and documents with each webinar's questions and answers are accessible on the iCohere online collaborative learning website.
- Full RDA BIBCO training for new members will be available in late 2013.
- Please contact the BIBCO Program Coordinator for more information on RDA BIBCO training.
CONSER Program RDA Training
- CONSER RDA Bridge training began in August 2012 and will continue through June 2013 for CONSER institutions wishing to take this training. Prior to the training, attendees will be expected to complete prerequisite self study training modules on FRBR Fundamental Concepts and the RDA Toolkit. Following the training, CONSER institutions have the option of completing a Peer Review survey to express preferences for internal or external review, and to participate as reviewers and/or reviewees.
- CONSER RDA Bridge training materials are aimed at experienced AACR2 catalogers making the transition to RDA and provide basic instructions for RDA serials cataloging based on PCC and CONSER RDA decisions and practices. Currently, there are recorded CONSER RDA Bridge webinars, PowerPoint slides, and exercises available from the PCC iCohere online collaborative learning website. The materials will be made available from the PCC CLW site by June 2013.
- CONSER RDA basic serial cataloging training materials will be available in late 2013.
Please contact the CONSER Program Coordinator for more information on RDA CONSER training.
NACO Program RDA Training
- NACO RDA Bridge training began in May 2012, and will continue through mid-2013. All current NACO members wishing to contribute authority records to the LC/NACO Authority File after March 31, 2013 must take this training. NACO RDA Bridge training consists of online videos, demonstrations, and exercises, followed by participation in two mandatory live webinars, and a review period with a PCC-designated reviewer.
- Formación RDA para participantes de NACO consiste en una serie de módulos de capacitación, autodidácticos e interactivos, designados para los miembros del Programa Cooperativo de Autoridades de Nombre del PCC (NACO) que trabajan en Español.
- NACO RDA Series Bridge training began in January 2013 and will continue through 2013. All current NACO members wishing to contribute series authority records to the LC/NACO Authority File after March 31, 2013 must take this training. NACO RDA Series Bridge training consists of online videos, demonstrations, and exercises, followed by a review period with a PCC-designated reviewer.
- RDA NACO "Bridge" Reviewers Online Workshop: Interested in RDA NACO review? This one-hour workshop, organized and presented by the PCC Standing Committee on Training, gives guidance and some best practices for RDA NACO review. Recorded July 25, 2012.
- Full RDA NACO training, which is mandatory for new NACO members, will be available in April 2013.
- Full RDA NACO Series training will be available in April 2013.
- Please contact the Cooperative Programs Section for more information on RDA NACO training and NACO membership.
PCC RDA Interim Policies and Best Practices -- Link to the PCC Web Site
Library of Congress RDA Training
- Library of Congress RDA Classroom Training Plan (September 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA Online Training Plan (September 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA Training Plan: Presentation at ALA Annual, 2012 (June 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA training materials used for internal training beginning in June 2012.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Training Manual [Word : 6,436 KB] Used for internal training beginning in May 2013.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Instructor Manual [Word : 6,458 KB] Used for internal training beginning in May 2013.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Exercise Answers [Word : 6,325 KB]
RDA Record Examples
- The RDA Records Task Group, under the auspices of the PCC Standing Committee on Training, collected a wealth of RDA bibliographic and authority records to be used for training and educational purposes. The task group was formed in October 2011 and completed its work on March 1, 2012. The record examples are categorized by format and/or language.
RDA Training Materials
- The RDA Training Materials Task Group, under the auspices of the PCC Standing Committee on Training, submitted its final report on May 31, 2012. The result of the task group's work is a wealth of RDA training materials in six broad categories:
- General Documentation
- Theoretical Foundations, including FRBR and FRAD
- RDA Toolkit
- General Cataloging
- Special Formats
- RDA and Authority Records
- The materials are collected with PCC usage in mind. However, some of the materials may reflect PCC policies that were in place at the time the materials were created, but that may have changed since that time. Please note the date of creation that has been included with each of the resources.
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts This webcast explores the changes from AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed.) that the new code RDA: Resource Description & Access brings.
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview
- Cataloging Principles and RDA: Resource Description and Access
- FRBR : Things You Should Know, But Were Afraid To Ask
|Last Update: March 14, 2013|