Thank you for being an instructor and teaching a course on behalf of the PCC. You may request Certificate of Appreciation by completing the PCC Instructor Report Form.
Please fill out the form to report each separate PCC training event you have conducted during the current fiscal year (e.g., October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014). Your completion of the form will assist the PCC Secretariat to capture PCC training statistics accurately.
Note: please do not use the report form for training conducted within your institution.
Please address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “Training Certificate” in the subject line.
BIBCO Program RDA Training
- BIBCO RDA Bridge training consists of the Library of Congress RDA Training Materials taken at the participants own pace, followed by participation in four live webinars. The webinars, based on Modules 1-4 of the LC RDA Training, are recorded for future reference. Participants submit questions from the training in advance of the webinars, and the answers are presented during the webinar.
- Recorded RDA BIBCO Bridge training webinars and documents with each webinar's questions and answers are accessible on the iCohere online collaborative learning website.
- Please contact the BIBCO Program Coordinator for more information on RDA BIBCO training.
CONSER Program RDA Training
- CONSER RDA Bridge training materials consisting of Power Point slides and exercises are available from the CONSER SCCTP website. Links to recorded webinars are available from the CONSER webinar page. CONSER RDA Bridge training materials are aimed at experienced AACR2 catalogers making the transition to RDA and provide basic instructions for RDA serials cataloging based on PCC and CONSER RDA decisions and practices. RDA basic serial cataloging training materials will be available in 2014.
- CONSER RDA Bridge training began in August 2012 and continued through June 2013 for CONSER institutions wishing to take this training. Prior to the training, attendees completed prerequisite self study training modules on FRBR Fundamental Concepts and the RDA Toolkit. Following the training, CONSER institutions had the option of completing a Peer Review survey to express preferences for internal or external review, and to participate as reviewers and/or reviewees.
Please contact the CONSER Program Coordinator for more information on RDA CONSER training.
NACO Program RDA Training
- NACO Training for new NACO Program members and for existing NACO members doing local refresher training or training for new catalogers. The training modules are being released in a soft launch in July 2013 to allow for further feedback over the next few months and possible revision based on that feedback.
- NACO Series Training for NACO Program members who are already contributing name authority records and who wish to begin contributing series authority records.
- NACO RDA Bridge training began in May 2012, and will continue through mid-2013. All current NACO members wishing to contribute authority records to the LC/NACO Authority File after March 31, 2013 must take this training. NACO RDA Bridge training consists of online videos, demonstrations, and exercises, followed by participation in two mandatory live webinars, and a review period with a PCC-designated reviewer.
- Formación RDA para participantes de NACO consiste en una serie de módulos de capacitación, autodidácticos e interactivos, designados para los miembros del Programa Cooperativo de Autoridades de Nombre del PCC (NACO) que trabajan en Español.
- RDA NACO "Bridge" Reviewers Online Workshop: Interested in RDA NACO review? This one-hour workshop, organized and presented by the PCC Standing Committee on Training, gives guidance and some best practices for RDA NACO review. Recorded July 25, 2012.
- Archived: NACO RDA Series Bridge Training
- Please contact the Cooperative Programs Section for more information on RDA NACO training and NACO membership.
PCC RDA Interim Policies and Best Practices -- Link to the PCC Web Site
Library of Congress RDA Training
- Descriptive Cataloging Using RDA: a 9-module curriculum for novice and beginning catalogers with little education or experience in cataloging
- Library of Congress RDA Classroom Training Plan (September 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA Online Training Plan (September 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA Training Plan: Presentation at ALA Annual, 2012 (June 2012)
- Library of Congress RDA training materials used for internal training beginning in June 2012.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Training Manual [Word : 6,436 KB] Used for internal training beginning in May 2013.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Instructor Manual [Word : 6,458 KB] Used for internal training beginning in May 2013.
- Copy Cataloging Using RDA: Exercise Answers [Word : 6,325 KB]
RDA Record Examples
- The RDA Records Task Group, under the auspices of the PCC Standing Committee on Training, collected a wealth of RDA bibliographic and authority records to be used for training and educational purposes. The task group was formed in October 2011 and completed its work on March 1, 2012. The record examples are categorized by format and/or language.
RDA Training Materials
- The RDA Training Materials Task Group, under the auspices of the PCC Standing Committee on Training, submitted its final report on May 31, 2012. The result of the task group's work is a wealth of RDA training materials in six broad categories:
- General Documentation
- Theoretical Foundations, including FRBR and FRAD
- RDA Toolkit
- General Cataloging
- Special Formats
- RDA and Authority Records
- The materials are collected with PCC usage in mind. However, some of the materials may reflect PCC policies that were in place at the time the materials were created, but that may have changed since that time. Please note the date of creation that has been included with each of the resources.
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts This webcast explores the changes from AACR2 (Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules, 2nd ed.) that the new code RDA: Resource Description & Access brings.
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview
- Cataloging Principles and RDA: Resource Description and Access
- FRBR : Things You Should Know, But Were Afraid To Ask
|Last Update: April 22, 2015|