Catalogers Learning Workshop (CLW) provides information professionals training resources related to the organization and classification of bibliographic information.
RDA: Resource Description & Access Training Materials
Training resources in various formats, available free of charge.
- View ALL freely available RDA: Resource Description & Access training materials
- Instructional Methodologies January 2015 [PDF: 158 KB]
- Training Manual for Applying Relationship Designators in Bibliographic Records January 22, 2015 [PDF; 343 KB]
BIBFRAME Pilot at the Library of Congress
- Announcement: Library of Congress Announces Report and Assessment of its First BIBFRAME Pilot (June 17, 2016).
The Library of Congress has completed its first Pilot to test preparing cataloging data as linked data, using the BIBFRAME model developed by the Library over the past several years. We are issuing the Library’s assessment of the Pilot for the benefit of the Library and other institutions and groups interested in linked data, BIBFRAME, and the Library’s experience in using BIBFRAME in daily cataloging and processing activities.
BIBFRAME Training at the Library of Congress
BIBFRAME and the PCC
- Moving-Away-From-MARC-a-thon: Visualizing Resource Descriptions in the Linked Data Environment Materials developed for a May 2016 information session held in conjunction with the PCC Operations Committee Meeting.
- BIBFRAME and the PCC Links to announcements, related websites, and other resources.
BIBFRAME Webcasts and Presentations
Workshop Course Materials
CLW course materials are available free of charge in PDF format. All courses offered here are considered the latest and only official English language versions sanctioned by the Library of Congress.
Sponsoring a Workshop
CLW provides guidelines for planning a training session, contacting trainers, and working with workshop material
Other Training Resources
Additional resources for teaching and learning metadata, cataloging, and classification.
|Last Update: July 12, 2016|