Changes in the 4XX field in the MARC 21 Format for Bibliographic Data include making the 440 field obsolete, redefining the first indicator in the 490 field, and adding subfield $3. These changes are reflected in the revision of six Library of Congress rule interpretations (LCRIs), accessible via the links below. New subfields are also being defined for the 520 field (Summary, etc.); a revised LCRI for this change is also available below. All revised LCRIs will be part of the next LCRI update. These changes to the MARC 21 format will be implemented at the Library of Congress on Sept. 1, 2009.
- Link to LCRI 1.6 Series Area (PDF - 8 p.; 62 KB)
- Link to LCRI 1.6B Title Proper of Series (PDF - 4 p.; 40 KB)
- Link to LCRI 1.6J More Than One Series Statement (PDF - 2 p.; 26 KB)
- Link to LCRI 2.7B17 Summary (PDF - 2 p.; 28 KB)
- Link to LCRI 12.6B1 Series Statements (PDF - 2 p.; 24 KB)
- Link to LCRI 13.3 Analysis of Monographic Series and Multipart Monographs (PDF - 4 p.; 37 KB)
- Link to LCRI 21.30L Series (PDF - 8 p.; 59 KB)