- Cataloging Tools, Documentation
- Catalogs, Authority Records
- Classification and Shelflisting
- Cooperative Cataloging Programs
- General, Descriptive Cataloging
- Products for Purchase
- Professional Activities
- Publications, Reports
- Subject & Genre/Form Headings
Receive an e-mail when a new issue of the Library of Congress Cataloging Newsline is available.
Library of Congress Documentation for the RDA (Resource Description and Access) Test: Training Materials for LC Core RDA Elements (June 2010)
These training materials were prepared for the Library of Congress participants in the U.S. RDA Test. They cover the core elements identified in RDA, additional elements that will be core for LC’s records, LC policy decisions, significant changes from AACR2, and changes in the MARC 21 authority and bibliographic formats.
The training was first presented at the Library of Congress in early June 2010. Some errors have been corrected in the files posted here.
The Word files for the separate training documents will be replaced with updated versions if LC’s policy decisions for the Test are modified.
- LC RDA Test Training: June 2010 [2 p. ; 59 KB]
- LC RDA Test training exercise [2 p. ; 30 KB]
- LC RDA Test training exercise answers [2 p. ; 30 KB]
- Supplementary training documents:
- Controlled vocabularies [2 p. ; 70 KB]
- Where is it in RDA? [2 p. ; 179 KB]
- RDA elements [10 p. ; 527 KB]
- LC RDA core elements for the RDA Test
- MARC 21 encoding to accommodate RDA elements [6 p. ; 91 KB]
- Bibliographic record: MARC to RDA -- LC core elements [4 p. ; 141 KB]
- Authority record: MARC to RDA -- LC core elements [5 p. ; 136 KB]
- RDA Test at LC opening slide [377 KB]
- Module 1: Overview [695 KB]
- Module 2: Identifying manifestations and items [966 KB]
- Module 3: Identifying works and expressions [836 KB]
- Module 4: Identifying persons, families, and corporate bodies [573 KB]
- Module 5: Identifying relationships [617 KB]
- RDA quiz [226 KB]
- RDA exercise answers [86 KB]