Library of Congress Documentation for the RDA (Resource Description and Access) Test: Training Materials for RDA Test Participants (January 2010)
These training materials were prepared for participants in the U.S. RDA Test. They cover the core elements identified in RDA, significant changes from AACR2, and changes in the MARC 21 authority and bibliographic formats.
The training was first presented on Jan. 15, 2010 in Boston. Some content has been updated and errors have been corrected.
The Word files for the training documents will be replaced with updated versions when LC’s policy decisions for the Test are developed and/or modified.
- RDA Test "Train-the-Trainer" [2 p.; 65 KB]
- RDA Test Training Exercises [2 p.; 31 KB]
- RDA Test Training Exercises: Answers [2 p.; 24 KB]
- Supplementary training documents:
(These slides were prepared to accompany the Webcast RDA Test “Train the Trainer” (Training modules).
- RDA opening slide [1160 KB]
- RDA module 1 overview [1589 KB]
- RDA module 2 structure [1395 KB]
- RDA module 3 description [1466 KB]
- RDA module 4 works [3264 KB]
- RDA module 5 persons [1365 KB]
- RDA module 6 families [1575 KB]
- RDA module 7 corporate [1434 KB]
- RDA module 8 relationships [1333 KB]
- RDA module 9 review [1180 KB]
- RDA quiz [226 KB]
- RDA exercise answers [86 KB]
- Resource Description and Access: Background / Overview. Speaker: Barbara Tillett. Recorded May 14, 2008. Running time: 67 minutes.
- Cataloging Principles and RDA: Resource Description and Access. Speaker: Barbara Tillett. Recorded June 10, 2008. Running time: 49 minutes.
- [FRBR for Non-Catalogers.] FRBR: Things You Should Know but Were Afraid to Ask. Speaker: Barbara Tillett. Recorded March 4, 2009. Running time: 57 minutes.
- RDA: Recursos Descripción y Acceso: Antecedentes y Aspectos de su Implementación. Speaker: Barbara Tillett. In Spanish. Recorded August 13, 2009. Running time: 85 min.
- RDA Changes from AACR2 for Texts. Speaker: Barbara B. Tillett. Recorded January 12, 2010. Running time: 75 minutes (41 minutes of presentation followed by Q&A).
- RDA Test “Train the Trainer” (Training modules), with accompanying Powerpoint slides. Presented by Judy Kuhagen and Barbara Tillett, January 15, 2010; Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
- RDA: Looking to the Future: Information Systems and Metadata. Speaker: Barbara Tillett. Recorded March 9, 2010.