About the program
The Islamabad Office administers a Cooperative Acquisitions Program (CAP) acquiring materials for the Library of Congress and other participating academic, research, and public libraries in United States, Canada, and Europe.
How to Join
- Contact: Overseas Operations Division
Library of Congress / Islamabad Office
you will be sent a profile from this office.
- You will receive a profile from "LOC / Islamabad." Indicate on the profile the subject areas of monographs and the serials titles which are wanted. These requests should be reflected on the summary statement of estimated costs and the total amount to be paid by your institution should be calculated. The indirect/overhead charges can be calculated at the percentage shown on the summary statement. The shipping charges will be calculated by the Overseas Operations Islamabad staff.
- Forward your payment to "The Library of Congress,"
The Disbursing Office
101 Independence Avenue, S.E.
Washington DC 20540-9130
- Preferred payment is by credit card or EFT. Include one signed copy of your summary statement of estimated costs (and your annotated profile sheets) with your payment.
- Send an additional copy of your summary statement of estimated costs and
annotated profile sheets to the:
Islamabad Office at [email protected] and
Ms. Georgette Jacoub [email protected]
- If you wish to terminate your participation in this program, please contact the Library of Congress at: [email protected]
How the Cooperative Acquisitions Program Works
Generally, the program is open to any library in the United States or elsewhere. The program has expanded over the years to include the acquisitions from Afghanistan, Iran as well as Pakistan. Some of the programs may be temporarily restricted to certain number of particpants due to space constraints in the office or other conditions in the countries where they operate. Usually particpants can join program at the begining of fiscal year.
Billing and Reporting
A billing and summary statement covering the estimated costs for the participation in the Cooperative Acquisition Program for the financial period is provided to every participant. The estimates are based on the costs incurred during the previous fiscal year plus an inflationary amount. Payments are made in U.S. dollars, in advance, upon receipt of bill from the Library's Finanical Services Directorate stating the estimated cost of program for the year. Inquires about particular programs, subject profiles, available serials, and details of shipping, bibliographic control formats, should be addressed to: [email protected]
Last Updated: June 28, 2016