The PCC Tactical Plan specifically directs the PCC Standing Committee on Training to explore Web- based training. In addition, the Standing Committee has determined that it would be opportune to explore a wide variety of delivery mechanisms for training, including Web-based documentation and other distance-learning methods, particularly interactive ones. The PCC Standing Committee on Training's Task Group on Web-Based Training and Distance Education will coordinate with the PCC Standing Committee on Training's Task Group on PCC Participant and Training Documentation specifically on the issue of copyright.
The PCC Policy Committee charges the PCC Standing Committee on Training's Task Group on Web- Based Training and Distance Education to:
- Explore methods other than face-to-face contact for providing new or continuing education training for Program participants and others in the cataloging community
- Provide a functional evaluation of different technologies that support distance education
- Analyze the copyright issues relating to existing PCC documentation and distance education for the PCC
- Consider the cost implications of developing distance education methods as opposed to face-to-face training and specifically examine cost-recovery options
- Recommend new delivery mechanisms for training
- Describe the support required from the PCC for implementing the recommendations
- Develop a plan with a time frame for implementing new delivery mechanisms for training
Interim report due September 15, 2000. Final report due December 31, 2000.
Visit the TG's Web site for information on their activities and progress.
Task Group Members
Indiana Historical Society
University of Florida
University of Chicago
University of South Carolina
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
University of New Mexico
phone: 505. 277.8391
University of Maryland