The Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) is one of two cooperative cataloging ventures. The PCC is an international cooperative effort aimed at expanding access to library collections by providing useful, timely, and cost-effective cataloging that meets mutually-accepted standards of libraries around the world.
Read more about the PCC
PCC programs include:
Monographic Bibliographic Record Cooperative Program (BIBCO)
Members contribute high quality bibliographic records that conform to approved standards.
Cooperative Online Serials Program (CONSER)
Members create high quality bibliographic records for serials and integrating resources that conform to approved standards.
Name Authority Cooperative Program (NACO)
Members input authority records for personal, corporate, and jurisdictional names; uniform titles; and series headings to the LC/NACO Authority File.
Subject Authority Cooperative Program (SACO)
Members propose LCSH subject headings and LCC classification numbers to the Library of Congress.
What's New, Decisions, Policies and Guidelines
- Vision, Mission, and Strategic Directions January 2015-December 2017 [PDF; 530 KB]
- Training Manual for Applying Relationship Designators in Bibliographic Records January 22, 2015 [PDF; 343 KB]
- Instructional Methodologies January 2015 [PDF: 158 KB]
- PCC Secretariat Assignments October 24, 2014 [Word; 22 KB]
- Draft LC-PCC PS for 1.11: Facsimiles and Reproductions October 23, 2014 [Word; 20 KB]
- RDA Authorities Phase 3 Task Group March 18, 2014 [Word; 42 KB]
- Series Policy Task Force Interim Report January 17, 2014 [Word; 112 KB]
- Undifferentiated Personal Name Authority Records: New PCC policy to be incorporated into DCM Z1 April 2014 [PDF; 67 KB]
- Cataloging Questions / NAR Deletion Requests June 14, 2013 [Word; 28 KB]
RDA and PCC
- Announcement: Final date for BIBCO and CONSER AACR2 bibliographic records: December 31, 2014
- Guidelines on Using Relationship Designators in NACO Authority Records [Word; 189 KB]
- PCC relationship designator proposal form
- RDA and PCC Resources links to implementation information, presentations and more.
- RDA Guidelines and Standards: PCC authority and bibliographic guidelines for RDA
- RDA information and resources from LC: summaries of recent RDA updates and LC-PCC PS updates, documentation and other news
- Training Manual for Applying Relationship Designators in Bibliographic Records [PDF; 343 KB]
- Task Groups
PCC and BIBFRAME
- Announcement: The Program for Cooperative Cataloging and the Library of Congress Support BIBFRAME as the Model to Help the Library Community Move into the Linked Data Environment
- BIBFRAME and the PCC Information of interest to PCC members as the BIBFRAME Model develops and integrates into the PCC community
- In support of its mission and goals, the Program for Cooperative Cataloging conducts specialized training and mentoring for participants and non-members in a freely-available online format, as well as in conjunction with professional meetings and conferences. The Cataloger's Learning Workshop (CLW) page is the PCC's training portal. It includes a wealth of training materials in all formats for all members of the library community.
- Links to PCC RDA training material on the CLW site and links to LC supplemental RDA training material are available from: RDA Training
- PCC Instructor Report Form is provided for instructors who conduct training on behalf of the PCC. Please fill out the form to report each separate training event you have conducted during the current fiscal year (e.g., October 1, 2013 - September 30, 2014). The PCC Secretariat uses the information gathered from the report form to capture PCC training statistics. Instructors may request Certificate of Appreciation by filling out the report form. Note: please do not use the report form for training conducted within your institution.
Top Resources and Forms
- SACO proposals
- BIBCO Standard Record (BSR)
- NACO guidelines for BFM
- CONSER Standard Record documentation
- PCC Training Events Evaluation Form
Join the PCC
PCC members participate in programs that shape the future of cataloging and reduce the costs of cataloging for everyone.
Read more about joining the PCC
Upcoming Meetings and Events
ALA Midwinter 2015 PCC meeting locations and times
Locate essential PCC reports and meeting summaries
- PoCo Meeting Outcomes November 2014 [Word, 60 KB]
- Series Policy Task Force Interim Report [Word, 112 KB]
- Operations Meeting Outcomes 2014 [Word, 45 KB]
- PCC Update ALA Midwinter 2014 [PDF, 80 KB]
- PCC RDA Task Groups
PCC Organization & Governance
The Program for Cooperative Cataloging seeks to be a democratic and diverse organization whose mission and goals are determined by its membership. Members govern the programs through participation in program events, standing committees, and task groups.
PCC members keep up online with the latest program information on training, standards, and policies