OCLC converts LC bibliographic level "m" records for integrating resources to the continuing resources format when it finds them or when they are reported to them. The records have instructions in the 936 field: "Converted LC monograph record; notify LC with old/new LCCNs if authenticating for PCC." CONSER and BIBCO members may authenticate the records following these steps:
- Add a new LCCN to 010 $a (leave any LCCN that are in $z of the 010)
- Add 042 with code "pcc"
- Edit the note in the 936 to say: Converted LC monograph record
- Report the new and old LCCN to [email protected]
CONSER and BIBCO members may still find LC bibliographic level "m" records for integrating resources that need to be deleted from OCLC and LC's system in favor of a current bibliographic level "i" format record. In these cases:
Please create or derive a new record to replace the LC record. Please send a report to LC at: [email protected] In your email:
- Please report the OCLC number and LCCN of the record you created.
- Please report the OCLC number and LCCN of the LC record to be deleted.
- Please provide the title of the resource.
- Please provide contact information/signature block with name phone number, email if different from the address used to send the report.
Reminder: If using LC's call number on the new record you create or derive, please remember to code the 050 indicators #4 (first indicator=blank, second indicator=4). Thanks!
The report will be received by LC staff responsible for deleting LC bibliographic level "m" records for integrating resources. This information will be discarded once the LC record is deleted.
Please note: *Non-LC* bibliographic "m" records should be converted to bibliographic level "i" records. Program members can do the conversion themselves or report the record to OCLC for conversion (Robert Bremer [email protected] or Brenda Block [email protected]). Please do not create an integrating resource record that duplicates a non-LC bibliographic "m" record.