The five categories of CONSER membership are: Full, Associate, CONSER Enhance, Affiliate, and Funnel. For a description of the levels and requirements of membership, see CONSER Program Membership Information.
Before filling out the application, interested applicants should contact the CONSER Coordinator (Les Hawkins) via email: email@example.com, or phone: (202) 707-5185 to discuss the process, benefits of membership, and appropriate membership level.
The evaluation of membership applications is based on the following:
- Strength of the collection and scope of expected subject/language contributions as indicated in the accompanying application (Full membership)
- Scope of expected subject/language/format contributions as indicated in the accompanying application (Associate membership)
- Scope and type of expected enhancement activity as indicated in the application (CONSER Enhance membership)
- Scope and type of bibliographic data enhanced or maintained as indicated in application (Affiliate membership)
- Quality of contributions based on a sample of bibliographic records (all categories)
- Experience and strength of serials cataloging operation (all categories except Affiliate)
Following are forms to be used by institutions wishing to participate in the CONSER Program at the Full, Associate, Affiliate and CONSER Enhance levels. Files in Word for each of the application forms can be downloaded, completed, and sent via regular mail, email, or fax to the addresses or fax number given in the forms.
- Full level membership application (Word, 55KB)
- Associate level membership application (Word, 56KB)
- Affiliate level membership application (Word, 27KB)
- CONSER Enhance membership application (Word, 38KB)
Interest in CONSER Funnel level membership is discussed on a case by case basis. Please contact:
Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division
Library of Congress
101 Independence Ave., S.E.
Washington DC 20540-4231
voice: (202) 707-5185
fax: (202) 252-2082