The BIBCO Coordinator appoints members to the BIBCO Operations Committee (OpCo) for rotating three-year terms. OpCo reflects the types and geographic distribution of partner institutions. Candidates generally serve as BIBCO contacts in their home institutions.
These aspects guide the choice of candidates:
- Availability and support from home institution
- Familiarity with operational level of cataloging
- Healthy record contributions
- Provision of informative narratives for the BIBCO Annual Report
- Participation in BIBCO discussions, online and face-to-face
- Range of experience among OpCo reps, to include veterans and new faces
Note: If the individual appointed to the OpCo is unable to serve out the term; the institution may provide a substitute to serve out the term. Otherwise, the BIBCO Coordinator may appoint a substitute from another institution to serve out the term.
Go to PCC Governance Document for information on responsibilities and term lengths of Operations Committee Members.